From: pontius@btv.MBI.com (Dale Pontius)
Subject: Re: gnat and RedHat 5.1
Date: 1998/10/28
Date: 1998-10-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <873e88kdq3.fsf@zaphod.enst.fr>,
        Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org> writes:

> Dominique> how can I install this fuc*!@ gnat.
>
> Calling some piece of free software a fuc*!@ software on a public
> newsgroup is not the best way to get some help. Haven't you read the
> netiquette? I guess it should be available somewhere in your university.
>
> But of course, if *you* cannot install a software, it can only be a
> fuc*!@ software, right? I would suggest that you contact someone who
> knows computer systems well (looks like you don't) and seek some help
> from him/help.

I might only add that this 'GNAT on RedHat 5.x' has become almost
an faq. I've seen it answered two or three times in the past
month on this newsgroup, and I've participated in discussions of
this issue in another thread.

Since the last time I saw this was on Oct 22, and that's not that
long ago, it may not have spooled off your server, yet. If it has,
go to Deja News and look for:

Subject: Re: gnat-3.10p and RedHat Linux (was Gnat  Free ?)

Dale Pontius
(NOT speaking for IBM)