* Ada for MIS
@ 1989-11-21 17:37 David A. Umphress
From: David A. Umphress @ 1989-11-21 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I see a tremendous amount of material on the use of Ada for
embedded systems.  However, I am interested in the use of Ada for
MIS applications.  How successful has Ada been in the MIS arena?
What pitfalls do I need to be aware of when considering Ada for
MIS applications?  Your comments appreciated, thanks.

David Umphress           dumphres@blackbird.afit.af.mil
Air Force Institute of Technology
(513)255-3098

* Re: Ada for MIS
@ 1989-11-22 19:06 ` William Thomas Wolfe, 2847
From: William Thomas Wolfe, 2847  @ 1989-11-22 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

From dumphres@blackbird.afit.af.mil (David A. Umphress):
> I see a tremendous amount of material on the use of Ada for
> embedded systems.  However, I am interested in the use of Ada for
> MIS applications.

    Check out the Commercial Ada User's Working Group... Ben Brosgol
    is the new Chairperson.  You can get up-to-date on the newsletters
    and current activities by writing to:

       Lori Heyman, CAUWG Secretary
       Alsys, Inc.
       67 South Bedford Street
       Burlington, MA  01803-5152  USA

   MIS was one of the four major tracks at Tri-Ada '88, and there were
   several good MIS presentations at Tri-Ada '89 as well, so also be
   sure to check out the recent Tri-Ada Proceedings.

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu