From: billwolf%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (William Thomas Wolfe, 2847 )
Subject: Re: Vendor Claims - To Believe or Not to Believe ...
Date: 18 Nov 89 19:30:55 GMT	[thread overview]

From article <8911171513.AA16049@fa.sei.cmu.edu>, by Judy.Bamberger@SEI.CMU.EDU:
> BUT - When was the last time one accepted any tool vendor's word
> about their own product without serious questioning and justifying
> thereof?  And reproducing such a statement out of such context -
> to my naive view, anyway - is a bit irresponsible.

   Forgive me, Judy... obviously you are aware of comparisons which
   were not supplied by vendors, which scientifically control every
   conceivable variable, and which are completely unassailable.

   Since I am clearly citing comparisons which are less valuable,
   please contribute the results of these more valuable comparisons
   to the discussion so that all of us can increase our understanding.

   Bill Wolfe, wtwolfe@hubcap.clemson.edu