* Ada83 Package Name Expander
@ 1998-10-21  0:00 Georg D�hmen
From: Georg D�hmen @ 1998-10-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I have to deal with automatically/tool generated Ada83 sources (mainly
global specs), which are full of USE clauses and an ambiguous data type
naming convention, that is impossible to clean up e.g. with global
replacement (I like my sed :-)
What I unsuccessfully was looking for
(Internet-/Intranet-/CD-ROM-repositories), is an analyzer/code
formatter, that takes all sources and expands every occurence of an
imported data type to the fully qualified naming
("package-name.data-type").
In a previous project, I once used a tool named ada.expand within the
CCC ADE (Concurrent Computer Corporation ...), but that was part of the
ADE.
Who knows...and tells me ?

Ciao,
Georg Doehmen.

* Re: Ada83 Package Name Expander
@ 1998-10-22  0:00 ` dennison
From: dennison @ 1998-10-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <362E0596.B4C8B7A2@debis.com>,
  "Georg D�hmen" <gdoehmen@debis.com> wrote:
> (Internet-/Intranet-/CD-ROM-repositories), is an analyzer/code
> formatter, that takes all sources and expands every occurence of an
> imported data type to the fully qualified naming
> ("package-name.data-type").
> In a previous project, I once used a tool named ada.expand within the
> CCC ADE (Concurrent Computer Corporation ...), but that was part of the
> ADE.

Such a tool would be very dependent on what compiler (front end) you are
using, as it would have to have some way of finding out what source file(s)
correspond to any given Ada unit name. So it would really be impossible to
fully answer without knowing what Ada compiler you are using, and on what
platform.

Good idea for a tool, though.

--
T.E.D.

* Re: Ada83 Package Name Expander
@ 1998-10-22  0:00   ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 1998-10-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dennison@telepath.com wrote in message
<70nnn6$5pi$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In article <362E0596.B4C8B7A2@debis.com>,
>  "Georg D�hmen" <gdoehmen@debis.com> wrote:
>> (Internet-/Intranet-/CD-ROM-repositories), is an analyzer/code
>> formatter, that takes all sources and expands every occurence of
an
>> imported data type to the fully qualified naming
>> ("package-name.data-type").
>
>Such a tool would be very dependent on what compiler (front end)
you are
>using, as it would have to have some way of finding out what source
file(s)
>correspond to any given Ada unit name. So it would really be
impossible to
>fully answer without knowing what Ada compiler you are using, and
on what
>platform.
>
>Good idea for a tool, though.

Shouldn't ASIS be able to support such a tool?

* Re: Ada83 Package Name Expander
@ 1998-10-23  0:00     ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 1998-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <70nq8e$500$1@supernews.com> "Pat Rogers"
<progers@NOclasswideSPAM.com> writes:
>Shouldn't ASIS be able to support such a tool?

Indeed.  And most of the work has already been done.

IMHO, it's probably a simple exercise to extend the ASIS-based
pretty printer mentioned in the appended announcement to include
full qualification of names.

Its URL is: ftp://lglftp.epfl.ch/pub/Ada/format.tar.gz

-------comp.lang.ada-repost-------
From: Alfred Strohmeier <alfred.strohmeier@di.epfl.ch>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:15:36 +0200
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada

Here at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, we
developed some pretty printing utilities for Ada 95 to HTML based on
ASIS.

The software is publicly available by anonymous ftp from:

  lglftp.epfl.ch

  file pub/Ada/format.tar.gz

To decode the file, you may use:

  gunzip format.tar.gz
  tar -xvf format.tar

It is possible that our utilities could be integrated into AdaGIDE, but
we did not try to do so.

Best regards,

Alfred Strohmeier

--
Prof. Alfred Strohmeier, Swiss Fed Inst of Technology in Lausanne
EPFL-DI-LGL, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

I hope this helps.

Dirk (Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.ac.be for Ada-Belgium e-mail)

--
Dirk Craeynest | OFFIS nv/sa       | Email Dirk.Craeynest@offis.be
   Ada-Belgium | Weiveldlaan 41/32 | Phone ++32(2)725.40.25

+-------------/ E-mail: ada-belgium-board@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
|Ada-Belgium /     WWW: http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~dirk/ada-belgium/
|on Internet/      FTP: ftp://ftp.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/pub/Ada-Belgium
+----------/ Mail-list: ada-belgium-info-request@cs.kuleuven.ac.be

*** Intl. Conference on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'99
*** June 7-11, 1999, Santander, Spain, CFP DEADLINE: November 20, 1998
*** http://www.ada-europe.org/conference99.htm

From: Dirk Craeynest @ 1998-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Alfred Strohmeier <alfred.strohmeier@di.epfl.ch>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:15:36 +0200