From: "ReversedBias" <thehumblizer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada to C Interface: Passing Pointers Via System.Address
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:36:51 -0500
Date: 2005-01-12T02:36:51-05:00	[thread overview]

I have something like this in my ada code (i don't have the exact code in
front of me right now so my syntax might be off)

struct_ptr : system.address;

struct_ptr := ada_cfunct1(input1, input2);

cfunct2(struct_ptr, input3);

Where cfunct1 returns a struct pointer and cfunct2 is a second c function
that needs the pointer as an input.  When I try and run it I get a
segmentation fault and a core dump (it compiles fine).  I suspect that I
am not declaring the system.address correctly.  I know that my C code is
correct, and that it allocates the pointer correctly.  However when I look
at the value of the memory of the struct_ptr after it has gone to ada and
back to c it says that it is null.  I must not be using the system.address
correctly?

Thanks for your help,