From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Simple Real_Time.Time_Span question
Date: 1998/10/16
Date: 1998-10-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <F0wCFH.In.0.-s@inmet.camb.inmet.com>,
  stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft) wrote:
> dennison@telepath.com wrote:
>
> : ...
> : Even though this code has to be portable, I probably would have considered
> : cheating and using Duration if I could have found any documentation from my
> : compiler vendor on how it is implemented. Unfortunately, there seem to be
> : *no* documentation requirements on Duration (unlike all *other* predefined
> : types), so my vendor didn't bother to document it. Lucky me.
>
> There should be an "annex M" which contains such information.

Yes, there is an annex M. No, it does not contain that information. It has
entries for the predefined integer types declared in Standard (13), and the
predefined floating-point types declared in Standard (17), but none for the
predefined fixed-point types declared in Standard. As far as I can tell from
the LRM's annex M, there are *no* documentation requirements for Duration.
I'd be happy to be proven wrong (cuz then I could go bitch at my vendor).

--
T.E.D.