From: David N. Smith <dnsmith@watson.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: The outstanding Eiffel compiler now available
Date: 1998/10/15
Date: 1998-10-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <8pj207.5be.ln@mail> Halstenbach ACT GMBH, info@halstenbach.de
writes:
>Halstenbach is pleased to announce that version 3.0 of iss-base
>is ready for beta testing.

I'm not sure what the 'rules' are on the other groups to which this
advertisement was posted, but in c.l.s we generally frown on long
advertising posts. It's been discussed at length in the past and the
agreement, as I recall, was that short announcements of new things is OK,
but they should point to where more info can be found rather than being
sales brochures themselves.

Part of it is in the tone; announcements are OK but advertising is not:

>Halstenbach's iss-base 3.0 is a major new release with many new features
>and improvements, making it the outstanding Eiffel compiler for commercial
>use.

Dave

David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY
Mailto: dnsmith@watson.ibm.com
Home Page: http://www.dnsmith.com/
Any opinions or recommendations are those
of the author and not of his employer.