From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Spawning a subprocess and communicating with it.
Date: 1998/10/08
Date: 1998-10-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <6vf97a$uj5@gcsin3.geccs.gecm.com>,
  John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> As a matter of interest, should it not be possible to do interprocess
> communication using the RPC stuff defined in the Distributed Systems
> Annexe?
>
> Does anyone fully support that yet?

There is a gnat add-on called GLADE that supports it on *some* gnat platforms.
To my knowledge no one else supports it.

To my mind that whole annex misses the mark. It doesn't actually require
different implementations to interoperate. Thus even if every compiler
suppored it, it would be useless unless you are developing a system using a
single compiler and architecture.

--
T.E.D.