* Un-crunch (gnatk8)
@ 1998-10-07  0:00 Stephan
From: Stephan @ 1998-10-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

Let's say I use "gnatk8" to crunch my filename down to a certain
number of characters.  Is there a utility coming with Gnat which
can restore that file-name back to the original file name?  Something
of an "uncrunch".  I know I can probably write one... but, I
imagine Gnat must be un-crunching internally anyway.  Maybe that
program is around..

Let me know if you know of something...  Please mail me a copy
of any reply, since my news server misses tons of messages.

Thanks!
Viqar

* Re: Un-crunch (gnatk8)
@ 1998-10-07  0:00 ` Gisle S{lensminde
From: Gisle S{lensminde @ 1998-10-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <361BB612.BCADF9BC@cae.ca>, Stephan wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Let's say I use "gnatk8" to crunch my filename down to a certain
>number of characters.  Is there a utility coming with Gnat which
>can restore that file-name back to the original file name?  Something
>of an "uncrunch".  I know I can probably write one... but, I
>imagine Gnat must be un-crunching internally anyway.  Maybe that
>program is around..
>
>Let me know if you know of something...  Please mail me a copy
>of any reply, since my news server misses tons of messages.

gnatchop could do this. If you run gnatchop on your files, it will
(regardless of earlier name) produce new files with the full names.

  Gisle S�lensminde                Tlf:   55 34 07 63
  Eliasmarken 16
  5031 Laksev�g                    epost: gisle@ii.uib.no