* Whatever happened to...
@ 1998-10-06  0:00 dennison
From: dennison @ 1998-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Whatever became of this?

On 9/28/96 Robert Dewar wrote:

>For example, I just wrote a complete preprocessor program
>for GNAT (toi be included in some future release!) that
>provides conditional compilation capability, and symbol
>substitution capability, including nested conditoinals, with
>quite a bit of flexibility. This program also uses

Just curious...
--
T.E.D.

* Re: Whatever happened to...
@ 1998-10-06  0:00 ` dewar
From: dewar @ 1998-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <6vd81j$kqo$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  dennison@telepath.com wrote:
> Whatever became of this?
>
> On 9/28/96 Robert Dewar wrote:
>
> >For example, I just wrote a complete preprocessor program
> >for GNAT (toi be included in some future release!) that
> >provides conditional compilation capability, and symbol
> >substitution capability, including nested conditoinals, with
> >quite a bit of flexibility. This program also uses
>
> Just curious...

This is gnatprep, and it is included as a standard tool in GNAT and is widely
used for its intended purposes! This quote is from over two years ago!

We just added some substantial enhancements for 3.11, and also arranged for
gnatprep and gnatchop to work nicely together.

There are lots of interesting tools that come with GNAT these days, and that
is even more true for the 3.11 technology.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies