From: "Jean-Pierre Rosen" <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: subtype of value passed to pragma Interrupt_Priority
Date: 1998/10/01
Date: 1998-10-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Pat Rogers a �crit dans le message <6v08fv$l5o$1@uuneo.neosoft.com>...
>Frank Ecke wrote in message ...
>>On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:05:57 -0500, Pat Rogers <progers@acm.org>
>wrote:
>>
>>> Why isn't the subtype Interrupt_Priority the target for the
>>> conversion for pragma Interrupt_Priority, instead of subtype
>>> Any_Priority?
>>
>Exactly my puzzlement.  Why should we be able to specify a value
>with pragma Interrupt_Priority that is not in subtype
>Interrupt_Priority?  Why should that be allowed, parameter or not?

The idea is that pragma priority should be restricted to "safe" priorities,
but then you need another pragma to access the full range. It was named
"Interrupt_Priority" to remind people that it gave access to interrupt
priorities, but it could have been named
"All_Priorities_Including_Interrupt_Priorities" ... Oh well....