From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Pretty Print utility?
Date: 1998/09/30
Date: 1998-09-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <36110A1B.C0179067@ti.com>,
  Randy Wentworth <rwent@ti.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Unix (Solaris) based Ada95 sensitive formatting
> and "pretty print" utility? We're using the GreenHills toolset and it
> doesn't have anything like this.

One possibility would be to bring it up in a recent version of Emacs, change
to Ada mode, and do a "Pretty Print Buffer" from the Ada menu.

On NT that doesn't work for some reason. There I would do an "Adjust Case
Buffer" followed by hitting "home" and "end", then doing an "Indent Lines in
Region".

If you have a color printer, you can also turn on font-lock mode. That allows
you to do a postscript print right from emacs that will have keywords,
comments, and strings color highlited.

As with the output of any reformatting tool, you will need to check the
generated output by hand, so you can fix instances where the tool got
confused.

--
T.E.D.