* gnat-311p for intel linux
@ 1998-09-25  0:00 bob
From: bob @ 1998-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Over a week ago I read a blurb by someone from ACT (I think) saying 3.11b
was working and 3.11p should be posted "in a few days". Been watching
cs.nyu.edu for 3.11 of any kind but nothing yet. Did I misunderstand the
message, or is it "on the way", or somewhere else?

Cheers...bob

--
Spamming requires me to:
bklungle at ix dot netcom dot com

* Re: gnat-311p for intel linux
@ 1998-09-25  0:00 ` dewar
From: dewar @ 1998-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <360bbcb0.0@news.badger1.net>,
  "bob" <bklungle@badger1.net> wrote:
> Over a week ago I read a blurb by someone from ACT (I think) saying 3.11b
> was working and 3.11p should be posted "in a few days". Been watching
> cs.nyu.edu for 3.11 of any kind but nothing yet. Did I misunderstand the
> message, or is it "on the way", or somewhere else?

Well no one said a few days, and we have not even announced 3.11b on this
newsgroup yet (we will do so shortly). 3.11p will follow at some time
thereafter, but it will be longer than a few days, more like a few weeks,
possibly longer. We don't make public releases until we are sure that there
are no installation or other glitches left.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies