From: RSWhite@nospam.somewhere.ia.com (Robert S. White)
Subject: Re: Y2K comes early (was Re: ada c c ++ software engineer)
Date: 1998/09/25
Date: 1998-09-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <EACHUS.98Sep22155904@spectre.mitre.org>, eachus@spectre.mitre.org
says...

>   And it will follow by a few days the August 22, 1999 GPS clock
>rollover, so there will be two "wake-up calls" in three weeks.
>Unfortunately, the remaining time may be too short to fix things.

   This has been discussed (to death) in sci.geo.satellite-nav.
If you are really interested fire up your web browser and browse Deja
News for that topic.  In short, this rollover has been in test suites
for years - using GPS Satellite Signal Simulators - and you have to
have a old model from just a few manufacturers before you would
experience the problem.  I have seen designs take this rollover into
account and not have any problems, that were done back in the '80s.

Robert S. White                             | My own opinions only
White.R (shift2) McLeodUSA net              | An Embedded Systems SWE
RSWhite (shift2) Collins Rockwell com       | GPS & INS