From: "alan walkington" <walky@netmagic.net>
Subject: GNAT-shing my teeth
Date: 1998/09/22
Date: 1998-09-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

So it's my fault .. I blew away my perfectly good and working linux
partition,
and now I can't get a combination of gcc and gnat to work together!

I've got RedHat 5.1 on a pentium box with gcc-2.7.2.3-5 (rpm'd) and
the gzipped gnat-3.10p-i386-linux-bin distribution .

Everything unzipped and xtracted just fine. Ran the doconfig and
the doinstall files.  No errors noted. Then.....

when I try to compile ANY of the gnat examples I get:

examples]# make hello
gnatmake hello -cargs -O2
gnatbind -x hello.ali
gnatlink hello.ali
ld: cannot open crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
gnatmake: *** link failed.
make: *** [hello] Error 2

and I cant figure out WHERE crtbegin.o is supposed to be!

Any help atall atall would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Walkington
walky@netmagic.net