From: dewarr@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: Tell this C programmer about Ada and realtime...
Date: 1998/09/21
Date: 1998-09-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <6u654b$qo6@acmez.gatech.edu>,
  jm59@prism.gatech.edu (John M. Mills) wrote:
> Rudely and swiftly following up my own post,
> jm59@prism.gatech.edu (John M. Mills) ad-libbed:
>
> >Note: We found this works very easily if the 'main' is in GNAT, but
> >requires that you explicitly force task instantiation if your main is [say]
>          Think I should have said:  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^---'elaboration'
> >in C.  I can get more info on this if you turn out to need it.
>
> As my father says, "A fool is someone who is wrong in a loud voice". Sorry.

Yes, of course you need to arrange for elaboration. This is
done as described in the Ada standard, namely by calling the
adainit() routine generated by the binder. I guess different
people have different thresholds of "very easy", but adding
one call to adainit() certainly falls into that category
for me!