From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Tell this C programmer about Ada and realtime...
Date: 1998/09/21
Date: 1998-09-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <6u5nsf$b28@acmey.gatech.edu>,
  jm59@prism.gatech.edu (John M. Mills) wrote:

> If your Real-Time-E[nvironment|xecutive] (RTE) vendor uses the GNU tool
> suite (This includes at least one mainstream vendor - perhaps Wind River),
> you're good to go with GNAT, which I have found very serviceable.  The current
> public release handles tasks as UNIX threads, which is fairly clean to spin
> off ISRs, etc. (he says, having only used others' libs for ipc).

I'm sorry to steer this thread off course so quickly, but we were just going
over this in another thread. Wind River is the purveyor of VxWorks. There
appear to be a few gnat VxWorks ports available (for a fee), but support is
not there for every architecture. For gnat to be available, it has to have
been ported to your OS/Architecture combination. Just because GCC is there
doesn't automatically mean gnat is.

--
T.E.D.