* ada c c ++ software engineer
@ 1998-09-16  0:00 shoba
From: shoba @ 1998-09-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Our client needs an Ada C C ++ software engineer to develop firmware and
software using ada c c ++ or assembly for embedded control systems. Will be
designing, coding and testing. Mim 2 years experience with real time
software. Please call shoba @ 408-879-6670 ext 114 or e-mail shoba@cginc.com

* Re: ada c c ++ software engineer
@ 1998-09-17  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr
From: David C. Hoos, Sr @ 1998-09-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dale Stanbrough wrote in message ...
>In article <6tpl2c$t$1@news.mainstreet.net>, "shoba" <shoba@cginc.com>
wrote:

>> Our client needs an Ada C C ++ software engineer to develop firmware and
>> software using ada c c ++ or assembly for embedded control systems. Will
be
>> designing, coding and testing. Mim 2 years experience with real time
>> software. Please call shoba @ 408-879-6670 ext 114 or e-mail
shoba@cginc.com

>where?

The www.cginc.com website provides the following information:
Description
 A major spacecraft development compant has an immediate need for a fulltime
Software Engineer. Duties will include software and firmware developmant
using Ada, C/C++, or assembly for embedded control systems. Will be
designing, coding, and testing. Requirements: Minimun 2yr. experience with
real-time software development. Knowledge of microprocessor, electronic
interfaces, interrupt handlers, and device drivers is required.
Pay Rate  Open
Location  Palo Alto, CA
Number of Openings  1
Estimated Start Date  9/15/98
Estimated Ending Date  9/9/99
Hours/Week  40
Type  W2 Only
Permanent Position
Offsite Work Ok  No
Visa Ok  No, US Citizens only
Recruiter Shoba Jhingon

>dale

* Re: ada c c ++ software engineer
@ 1998-09-17  0:00     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1998-09-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <RtLhUii49GA.127@samson.airnet.net>, "David C. Hoos, Sr" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> writes:

> The www.cginc.com website provides the following information:

> Estimated Ending Date  9/9/99

> Permanent Position

One more proof that English is not a strongly typed language.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: ada c c ++ software engineer
@ 1998-09-17  0:00 ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 1998-09-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-09-18  0:00       ` Robert I. Eachus
From: Robert I. Eachus @ 1998-09-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1998Sep17.092746.1@eisner> kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

  > > Estimated Ending Date  9/9/99

  > > Permanent Position

  > One more proof that English is not a strongly typed language.

  Or that the company hasn't fixed it's year 2000 problems yet.  The
9/9/99 idiom for indefinite expiration was used in many COBOL shops.
--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;

* Re: ada c c ++ software engineer
@ 1998-09-18  0:00         ` dewarr
From: dewarr @ 1998-09-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kilgallen) writes:

>   > > Estimated Ending Date  9/9/99
>
>   > > Permanent Position
>
>   > One more proof that English is not a strongly typed language.
>
>   Or that the company hasn't fixed it's year 2000 problems yet.  The
> 9/9/99 idiom for indefinite expiration was used in many COBOL shops.
> --

Interesting! Quite true that this idiom was common. This
would imply a mini-Y2K type panic less than a year from now,
which perhaps will be effective as a kind of early-warning
gauge for how well people have fixed up their software :-)

* Re: Y2K comes early (was Re: ada c c ++ software engineer)
@ 1998-09-22  0:00           ` Robert I. Eachus
From: Robert I. Eachus @ 1998-09-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <6ttm05$kf0$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com> dewarr@my-dejanews.com writes:

 > Interesting! Quite true that this idiom was common. This
 > would imply a mini-Y2K type panic less than a year from now,
 > which perhaps will be effective as a kind of early-warning
 > gauge for how well people have fixed up their software :-)

   And it will follow by a few days the August 22, 1999 GPS clock
rollover, so there will be two "wake-up calls" in three weeks.
Unfortunately, the remaining time may be too short to fix things.
--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;
use  Standard_Disclaimer;

* Re: Y2K comes early (was Re: ada c c ++ software engineer)
@ 1998-09-25  0:00             ` Robert S. White
From: Robert S. White @ 1998-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <EACHUS.98Sep22155904@spectre.mitre.org>, eachus@spectre.mitre.org
says...

>   And it will follow by a few days the August 22, 1999 GPS clock
>rollover, so there will be two "wake-up calls" in three weeks.
>Unfortunately, the remaining time may be too short to fix things.

   This has been discussed (to death) in sci.geo.satellite-nav.
If you are really interested fire up your web browser and browse Deja
News for that topic.  In short, this rollover has been in test suites
for years - using GPS Satellite Signal Simulators - and you have to
have a old model from just a few manufacturers before you would
experience the problem.  I have seen designs take this rollover into
account and not have any problems, that were done back in the '80s.

Robert S. White                             | My own opinions only
White.R (shift2) McLeodUSA net              | An Embedded Systems SWE
RSWhite (shift2) Collins Rockwell com       | GPS & INS