From: "Corey Ashford" <corey@remove.these.four.words.rational.com>
Subject: Re: Rational and X11Ada -- HELP???
Date: 1998/09/12
Date: 1998-09-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

alan walkington wrote in message <6tabgr$lfp$1@usenet46.supernews.com>...
>Gentlepeople:
[snip]

>     I think this pretty much eliminates any source of problems aside from
>the compiler/linker and the bindings themselves, and I'm starting to suspect
>Rational.

Since the bindings are from a different vendor (which also sells Ada compilers),
it's quite possible that the bindings are compiler-specific.  In other words,
they may have made some assumptions about calling conventions that don't hold up
with Apex.  Possibilities include differences in record layout, pass-by-reference
vs. pass-by-value, etc.  These sorts of differences are often easy to compensate
for (e.g. by adding pragma convention(C, <type>); to the record types), but you
have to first identify the actual problem.

If you have a support contract for your Apex compiler and a test case, I'm sure
tech support would be happy to help you out.  You'd need to include the relevent
bindings in the test case submitted.

Corey Ashford
Rational Software Corp.