From: warwicks@telusplanet.net (Chris Warwick)
Subject: Re: Combining Ada 83 & Ada 95 under NT
Date: 1998/09/11
Date: 1998-09-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <35F927A8.6FA1@mitre.org>, tdevine@mitre.org wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience (preferably favorable) combining Ada 83
>code and Ada 95 code (host and target both x86 Windows NT)?  We're in
>the process of integrating 2 systems and would like to be able to
>integrate first, and upgrade to Ada 95 later.

I did get some under Sun to sort of work. I had to make the Ada83 stuff the
master, and then call some 'c' code to act as the actual interface to start
and control the Ada95 stuff (95 is much better about being called by another
language)... I got as far as finding that the two runtimes were having a bun
fight over control of the process, and then gave up because I was looking for
a quick fix...