From: warwicks@telusplanet.net (Chris Warwick)
Subject: Re: Ada 95 for SCO?
Date: 1998/09/11
Date: 1998-09-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <6sutco$jiu$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, dewarr@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>It certainly would not be very difficult to target GNAT to
>SCO, and indeed we did create a SCO port to a very early
>version of GNAT. However, we have had no significant customer
>interest in such a port so far.

I am aware of one of our subcontractor's using the free version of GNAT on SCO
in order to unload some of the development work off the VADS compiler... So,
I find Mr. Dewar's comment rather odd... We did at one point ask for the cost
of supporting the GNAT on SCO and the price was somewhat more than we are
paying for VADS...