From: John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: ADA vs. C++ Shared Memory
Date: 1998/09/01
Date: 1998-09-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>Is there a possibility to connect a ADA and a C++ process with a
>shared Memory. Have onyone experience in this topic.

Shared memory applications are really operating system dependant so you
will need to read your operating system manuals to work out how to do it.

If you are using a (substantially) POSIX compliant Unix then you might
want to check out the manual pages for:

shm_open
mmap
ftruncate
munmap
shm_unlink
close

These should give you an idea of how you would link C/C++ programs using
shared memory. You could then get hold of the Ada POSIX bindings
(Florist) and then either build them using GNAT, or use them as a basis
for creating your own application (all you're really doing is importing
some of the C functions and putting a wrapper round it).

My advice would be to make sure you can get two very simple C/C++
programs communicating and then effectively convert one of them into Ada!

Hope this helps.

--
Best Regards
John McCabe

Not necessarily my company or service providers opinions.