* Palm-Pilot Programming in Ada?
@ 1998-08-31  0:00 Thomas Preymesser
From: Thomas Preymesser @ 1998-08-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

is there any chance to develop applications for the Palm-Pilot with Ada?

-Thomas

--
-- Thomas Preymesser
-- tp@odn.de

* Re: Palm-Pilot Programming in Ada?
@ 1998-09-01  0:00   ` Chris Morgan
From: Chris Morgan @ 1998-09-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dewarr@my-dejanews.com writes:

> It would be perfectly practical to port GNAT to the Palm
> development environment. As an enthusiastic PP user, I have
> thought of doing this at some point, but I have not found time
> so far!

So is the built-in threading on the later models Ada LRM (Annex
D) compliant? ;)

Chris
--
Chris Morgan <mihalis at ix.netcom.com> http://www.netcom.com/~mihalis

* Re: Palm-Pilot Programming in Ada?
@ 1998-09-01  0:00     ` dewarr
From: dewarr @ 1998-09-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87yas4o0l6.fsf@mihalis.ix.netcom.com>,
  Chris Morgan <mihalis@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> dewarr@my-dejanews.com writes:
>
> > It would be perfectly practical to port GNAT to the Palm
> > development environment. As an enthusiastic PP user, I have
> > thought of doing this at some point, but I have not found time
> > so far!
>
> So is the built-in threading on the later models Ada LRM (Annex
> D) compliant? ;)
>
> Chris
> --
> Chris Morgan <mihalis at ix.netcom.com> http://www.netcom.com/~mihalis

My understanding is that the use of these built in threads is
reserved to the system routines, and is not available directly
to applications.

Robert Dewar

* Re: Palm-Pilot Programming in Ada?
@ 1998-09-01  0:00 ` dewarr
From: dewarr @ 1998-09-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Chris Morgan @ 1998-09-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dewarr@my-dejanews.com writes:

> > So is the built-in threading on the later models Ada LRM (Annex
> > D) compliant? ;)
>
> My understanding is that the use of these built in threads is
> reserved to the system routines, and is not available directly
> to applications.

Guess we'll have to petition Palm for the next OS revision!
--
Chris Morgan <mihalis at ix.netcom.com> http://www.netcom.com/~mihalis