* help with mesa,glut,linux
@ 1998-08-26  0:00 Roger Carlsson
From: Roger Carlsson @ 1998-08-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I am about to write programs using Mesa, glut, gnat 3.10 on redhat 5.
I need a small example program together with a makefile.

Roger.

* Re: help with mesa,glut,linux
@ 1998-08-26  0:00 ` John M. Mills
From: John M. Mills @ 1998-08-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Roger.Carlsson.3873@student.uu.se (Roger Carlsson) writes:

>I am about to write programs using Mesa, glut, gnat 3.10 on redhat 5.
>I need a small example program together with a makefile.

Mesa and GLUT both come with examples, I recall, and if you don't have
OpenGL on your system GLUT will use Mesa _perforce_.  Perhaps you could
translate a simple example from the GLUT sources to Ada.

If you have built these on your system, you'll also have the examples'
Makefile.

You will have to provide an Ada 'spec' for your GLUT library entries (the
ones you actually use), and 'with' that into your main.  I have a cross-
language example (Ada-Fortran-Ada) in:
 ftp://jmills.gtri.gatech.edu/pub/ada_fortran_calls.gz

This is more complex than your problem, but may give you the approach.  'gcc'
and 'gnat' are an easy match with regard to data types.

Regards - jmm

--
 John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.mills@gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834