* AdaGide cannot start compiler
@ 1998-08-23  0:00 Paul F M
From: Paul F M @ 1998-08-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello I have just installed the GNAT on my computer, and when I try to
compile a simple file using the AdaGide I get the following error:

Unable to start compiler
Check path environment variable

Error Code: 2

The path C:\usr\bin is in my autoexec.bat.  It can't seem to find the
compliler.  Can someone tell me what the problem is? What is the filename
of the GNAT compiler executable?   I am using Windows 98, btw.

Thanks,
Paul

* Email: 4pfm@qlink.queensu.ca

* Re: AdaGide cannot start compiler
@ 1998-08-24  0:00 ` Martin C. Carlisle
From: Martin C. Carlisle @ 1998-08-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <6rp9fr$8hm$1@knot.queensu.ca>,
Paul F M  <4pfm@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
>Hello I have just installed the GNAT on my computer, and when I try to
>compile a simple file using the AdaGide I get the following error:
>Unable to start compiler
>Check path environment variable
>Error Code: 2
>
>The path C:\usr\bin is in my autoexec.bat.  It can't seem to find the
>compliler.  Can someone tell me what the problem is? What is the filename
>of the GNAT compiler executable?   I am using Windows 98, btw.

You don't mention which version of AdaGIDE you are using (see Help/About).
AdaGIDE gets a path from the registry in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\AdaGIDE\ToolPath (use regedit to see this).
On my machine, that is set to "c:\usr\bin"

This should have been set when you installed.  If you installed AdaGIDE
separately, this is described in the readme during the installation process.

--Martin

--
Martin C. Carlisle, Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
mcc@cs.usafa.af.mil, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html

* Re: AdaGide cannot start compiler
@ 1998-08-24  0:00   ` Paul F M
From: Paul F M @ 1998-08-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the info Martin.  The problem turned out to be that the
extraction didn't work properly; I was missing several executable files
including gcc.exe.

Is there a doc somewhere that contains a file list?

Paul

Martin C. Carlisle <mcc@tyrolia.cs.princeton.edu> wrote:
: In article <6rp9fr$8hm$1@knot.queensu.ca>,
: Paul F M  <4pfm@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
:>Hello I have just installed the GNAT on my computer, and when I try to
:>compile a simple file using the AdaGide I get the following error:
:>Unable to start compiler
:>Check path environment variable
:>Error Code: 2
:>
:>The path C:\usr\bin is in my autoexec.bat.  It can't seem to find the
:>compliler.  Can someone tell me what the problem is? What is the filename
:>of the GNAT compiler executable?   I am using Windows 98, btw.

: You don't mention which version of AdaGIDE you are using (see Help/About).
: AdaGIDE gets a path from the registry in:

: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\AdaGIDE\ToolPath (use regedit to see this).
: On my machine, that is set to "c:\usr\bin"

: This should have been set when you installed.  If you installed AdaGIDE
: separately, this is described in the readme during the installation process.

: --Martin

: --