From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: Need GNAT Help !!!!!
Date: 1998/08/18
Date: 1998-08-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <6ra6bc$8mv$1@hirame.wwa.com>,
  samw@wwa.com (Samuel G. Williams) wrote:
> I have been helping a software engineer in another area of out company draft
an ADA solution for
> an extremely complex problem. Recently we have run into a problem on the
processor we have
> targeted for the application. Our suspicions are that we may have a type
incompatability between
> the Sun we are developing on and the x186 that we have targeted.

Hmmm. Remember that these two platforms have a different byte-ordering too
(assuming you are using a SPARC-based Sun).

> Does anyone know how to change a type size under GNAT? We have looked at all
the files that come

No need to muck with the compiler internals. You can define your own versions
of all the base types that have the sizes you desire. That is, in fact, what
you *should* be doing if you want your objects to be the same size on multiple
platforms.

That won't of course solve your 'endian problem...

T.E.D.