From: "Ken Garlington" <Ken.Garlington@computer.org>
Subject: Re: has anyone ever used this book?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:13:54 GMT
Date: 2001-07-17T00:13:54+00:00	[thread overview]

"Beau" <beau@hiwaay.net> wrote in message
news:tl6iu0c3v49b3b@corp.supernews.com...
: Ada 95  Problem Solving and Program Design? I am using it in class and we
: are in ch 11. We have for a problem number 6. and I cannot understand for
: the life of me why we would need to construct an ADT for the bank account
: AND use the currency and Dates ADT packages. I am just asking for an
: explanation respectively. thanks.

Don't know the book, but I assume you're asking one or both of the following
questions:

1. "Why would I need an ADT for a bank account"?

A bank account sounds like a reasonable class, for which an ADT and
associated access functions would be useful to hide details of its
implementation

2. "Why would I need ADTs for currency and dates to create a bank account"?

It seems logical that an implementation of a bank account ADT would need to
be built on the concepts of currency and dates. Both concepts have
implementation aspects that would be useful to either hide from the user or
customize, therefore they too could qualify as ADTs.

: --
: ~Beau~
: beau@hiwaay.net
: