* Enumerated types and Aonix debugger
@ 1998-08-14  0:00 Robert Worne
From: Robert Worne @ 1998-08-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using the "Quickwatch" feature in the ObjectAda (7.1.1.352) will allow me
to reassign values to integers, booleans, floats, etc.  But trying to
assign another value to an enumerated type results in a dialog box
claiming that I can't do that.

Is this a feature not included in the debugger? Or if this is included,
how do you reassign an enumerated type?

* Re: Enumerated types and Aonix debugger
@ 1998-08-18  0:00   ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1998-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to re-direct the original question to
the ObjectAda User's Group, which has a higher
level of Aonix engineering participation than
c.l.a., and a better chance of an accurate answer
than you'll get from a marketing grub like myself.
I encourage the original poster to sign up and
submit the question there.  (Instructions can
be found on the support pages of our web site.)

However, I do need to correct the information
below.  The new "from the ground up" debugger,
while it already exists today (and is shipping
in some recent ObjectAda releases) is not part
of the 7.1.2 release of ObjectAda for Windows.
Having been ported more recently to Intel, we
wanted more time to pound on it than was allowable
in the 7.1.2 release timeframe (while 7.1.2 is
just now out of qualification and going into
production, it was functionally frozen a couple
of months ago.)

7.1.3 will follow later this year, and will
include the new debugger as part of the standard
product, both in IDE-integrated and CLI form.

*WARNING* *BLATANT ADVERTISEMENT FOLLOWS*
This illustrates the utility of getting a
subscription.  If you buy today, you'll
end up with three releases before year's
end (7.1.1 now, 7.1.2 in a few weeks, and
7.1.3 later this year), and most likely
another one a few months after that, etc.

-- Dave Wood, Aonix
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows

@ 1998-08-18  0:00 ` Lowe Anthony A
From: Lowe Anthony A @ 1998-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Worne