From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: precise floats
Date: 1998/08/06
Date: 1998-08-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <dewar.902412781@merv>,
  dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) wrote:

> Note that any compiler not supporting this type is not a conforming
> implementation. B.2(10) is a normative requirement:
>
> 7   An implementation shall provide the following declarations in the visible
> part of package Interfaces:
>    10  Floating point types corresponding to each floating point format
>        fully supported by the hardware.
>
> If your vendor claims conformance to the standard, or claims validated
> status, then the failure to support this type should be reported as a
> (serious in my view) bug. Note that no vendor can reasonably sign the
> declaration of conformance for validation if they are aware of this
> serious omission.

The Ada.Interfaces package that comes with ObjectAda 7.1.1 for windows/Intel
contains *no* floating-point types whatsoever. (It is also quite different
that the verion they printed out in Annex M of their docs. In particular the
16 and 8 bit integers don't appear to exist in the actual package spec.)

So are you saying I need to report this as a bug? It would be my 3rd report in
a month (1st this month, though).

T.E.D.