From: nabbasi@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: ODBC???
Date: 1998/07/31
Date: 1998-07-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <901889226.936789184@news.online.be>, Steve says...

>I just wonder if it would be possible to create odbc-calls in ada, to connect
>to a remote database server. Could anyone point me out what package I need to
>use for this.

there is an ODBC ada binding, dont have the url right now for it, try
looking in www.adahome.com.

you'll find the most database vendors (oracle,sybase etc..) have better
support for odbc in terms of providing drivers for the NT platform than
for UNIX. too bad. but I think the latest announcment from Oracle and
informaix that they will port their databases to linux is good news.

Nasser