From: "Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen" <tarjei.jensen@kvaerner.no>
Subject: Re: [Q] Florist-2.0 on IRIX 6.4
Date: 1998/07/30
Date: 1998-07-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John McCabe wrote :
>I�ve had a rummage around in the man pages, and found that the error
>mentioned here is EAGAIN. This suggests that it is the fork() call that
>is failing, probably due to the number of processess running, either due
>to the value of NPROC or CHILD_MAX. I can�t find NPROC itself, although
>there are a couple of NPROC_*** system limits set to 2, however CHILD_MAX
>is set to 150.

The place you set things like the total no of processes is stune. At least that
is what it is on my Irix 6.2 at work. Stune is found in /var/sysgen.

From my /var/sysgen/stune file:

rlimit_nofile_cur       = 2000 ll
nproc = 1024
maxup = 200

You can also use "systune -i" to change these parameters.

After changing parameters you should probably run "autoconfig".

Greetings,