From: John McCabe <jgm@hayling.cwmbran.gecm.com>
Subject: [Q] Florist-2.0 on IRIX 6.4
Date: 1998/07/29
Date: 1998-07-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Can anyone help me?

I am trying to build the Florist-2.0 implementation on IRIX 6.4
(apparently using GNAT Version 3.07).

I used the standard ./configure command, then GNU Make Version 3.73 to
build it.

It gets as far as running the c-posix-signals program. During this
program, when it is testing signal 47, the text "*** sigaction: Resource
temporarily unavailable" is displayed, then "KILLED".

I�ve had a rummage around in the man pages, and found that the error
mentioned here is EAGAIN. This suggests that it is the fork() call that
is failing, probably due to the number of processess running, either due
to the value of NPROC or CHILD_MAX. I can�t find NPROC itself, although
there are a couple of NPROC_*** system limits set to 2, however CHILD_MAX
is set to 150.

Has anyone else seen this problem or managed to build Florist on IRIX
6.4? Would it be worth using the IRIX 6.3 config files in the Configs
directory rather than using the default configuration files?

Any help wouild be gratefully appreciated.

--
Best Regards
John McCabe

Not necessarily my company or service providers opinions.