From: rlove@antispam.neosoft.com (Robert B. Love )
Subject: Re: Assistance needed
Date: 1998/07/29
Date: 1998-07-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In <35BCF867.E7EA0EF0@catalina-inter.net> "Chris Sparks (aka Mr. Ada)"
wrote:
> to quote "BAD" examples of C++ usage on projects.
>
> Examples I have seen are:
>   Navy plight with Windows NT
>   Colorado Airport baggage snafu

If memory serves, the language used in the Denver baggage system had
nothing to do with the problem.  The system was poorly designed, it
ran open loop and used timing to know when bags were in a certain area,
not a sensor.  As much as I'm pro Ada I can't see blaming the choice
of C++.  Double check this.

Of course you could say anyone silly enough to try this open loop
strategy would be silly enough to use C++ but I wouldn't go that
far.
 Bob Love                                   MIME & NeXT Mail OK
 rlove@neosoft.com