From: M E Leypold <development-2006-8ecbb5cc8a-REMOVETHIS@m-e-leypold.de>
Subject: Re: Gnat 3.15p @ win-2000 recompiles _all_ internal packages ...
Date: 03 Jun 2006 17:06:32 +0200
Date: 2006-06-03T17:06:32+02:00	[thread overview]

Ian Sharpe <igs.net.news@ntlworld.com> writes:

> Would the strangeness described in
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/datetime/dstbugs.asp
>
> (basically Windows having different algorithms for converting between
> local time and UTC for NTFS, FAT and stat) cause problems?

When Simon Wright described the installation problem with 3.16a, I
remembered a timestamp problem which occured in the unison file
synchronizer project. This (the bug I remembered) was exactly the bug
/ glitch / strangeness described in your reference. Thanks for
refreshing my memory :-).

I think, if the Gnat Runtime and the installer handle the filestamps
differently (on applies the necessary corrections, the other don't)
and GNAT is packaged in summer and installed in winter this would
exactly lead to the strangeness described by Simon Wright (which was a
1 hour difference between the internal time stamps of the *.ali files
and the external filesystem timestamps of the same files -- if I
correctly understood Simon Wright's last post).

Regards -- Markus