* Who is using Ada 95 ?
@ 1998-07-23  0:00 Bernard DUPRE
From: Bernard DUPRE @ 1998-07-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.
Do you have any info to help me: statistics, project reference, etc.

Thanks

Bernard Dupre

--
   Real Time Skills Center (R.T.S.C.)
   14, Av. du Quebec - Bat. K1-3 - BP

* Re: Who is using Ada 95 ?
@ 1998-07-23  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Tucker Taft @ 1998-07-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bernard DUPRE (dupre@rtscenter.com) wrote:

: I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.
: Do you have any info to help me: statistics, project reference, etc.

You might start with "http://www.adahome.com" and
"http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/adaic/".

Major areas of non-military Ada use include commercial and civil
safety-critical systems, such as commercial avionics, train systems,
medical systems, air-traffic control, nuclear power systems, International
Space Station, etc.

Other areas are hard real-time process control, high-speed messaging
systems, etc.

: Thanks

: Bernard Dupre

: --
:    Real Time Skills Center (R.T.S.C.)
:    14, Av. du Quebec - Bat. K1-3 - BP
: 764
:    91963 - Courtaboeuf Cedex - France
:    Tel: 33 (0)1 69 59 13 14
:    Fax: 33 (0)1 69 82 93 28
:    http://www.rtscenter.com

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA

* Re: Who is using Ada 95 ?
@ 1998-07-23  0:00 ` tedennison
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: tedennison @ 1998-07-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <35B7582C.745@rtscenter.com>,
  dupre@rtscenter.com wrote:
> I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.
> Do you have any info to help me: statistics, project reference, etc.

Go to the "ammunition" section of HOTBAP to get information such as this. In
particular, you will probably be interested in
http://www.adahome.com/Ammo/Industry.html

Unfortunately this section seems to be a bit dated, and some of the links no
longer work.

T.E.D.

* Re: Who is using Ada 95 ?
@ 1998-07-23  0:00 ` Rakesh Malhotra
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rakesh Malhotra @ 1998-07-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bernard DUPRE wrote:

> I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.
> Do you have any info to help me: statistics, project reference, etc.

1. You can also try www.acm.org/sigada/.
2. Prof Michael Feldman of George Washington Univ. is preparing a list
of projects on which Ada is used - you may wish to contact him too:
mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu

--
Rakesh

* Re: Who is using Ada 95 ?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-07-24  0:00 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 1998-07-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bernard DUPRE (dupre@rtscenter.com) wrote:
: I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.

Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen:
 - Data aquisition
 - Data analysis
 - Web site management
 - Educational/demonstration systems

National Laboratory Ris�:
 - Data analysis
 - Quality control systems

Jacob

--  Jacob Sparre Andersen     --  E-mail: Jacob.Sparre.Andersen@risoe.dk  --
--  National Laboratory Ris�  --  Phone.: (+45) 46 77 51 23               --
--  Systems Analysis          --  Fax...: (+45) 46 77 51 99               --

* Re: Who is using Ada 95 ?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-07-25  0:00 ` James S. Rogers
From: James S. Rogers @ 1998-07-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bernard DUPRE <dupre@rtscenter.com> wrote in article
<35B7582C.745@rtscenter.com>...
> I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.
> Do you have any info to help me: statistics, project reference, etc.

We are using Ada 95 for several robotics projects.

Jim Rogers
Omnitech Robotics, Inc.
Englewood, Colorado  USA

* Re: Who is using Ada 95 ?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-07-29  0:00 ` John Woodruff
From: John Woodruff @ 1998-07-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <35B7582C.745@rtscenter.com> Bernard DUPRE <dupre@rtscenter.com> writes:

    > I need to size up the use of Ada 95 on non-military projects.  Do
    > you have any info to help me: statistics, project reference, etc.

    > Thanks

At Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory we are using Ada 95 for the
Integrated Computer Control System on the National Ignition Facility
laser that will be used for fusion research.

You might like to read http://lasers.llnl.gov/lasers/nif/ICCS/

--
John Woodruff                                             N I F   \ ^ /
Lawrence Livermore National Lab                         =====---- < 0 >