From: "Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen" <tarjei.jensen@kvaerner.no>
Subject: Re: backing up
Date: 1998/07/24
Date: 1998-07-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Rick wrote in message <35B74653.30D657F8@world-net.net>...
>I want to implement some type of status indicator, showing 0-100% of
>progress.  Is there a way I can back the cursor up on the same line and
>replace the output that is already there?
>
>ps thanks to those who helped me with my last question, and thanks in
>advance to those who help me with this one.

Normally you can emit <DEL> to erase the character immediately to the left of
the cursor. Backspace (<BS>) might also do the trick as long as you overwrite.

If you find a vt manual from Digital you may find a lot of interesting codes to
use. E.g. you can get a report on where the cursor is. The only problem with
that is that not everybody have done it as good as Digital (e.g. they only
supprot <ESC>[ instead of <CSI>).

If you keep track of where the cursor is on the screen it should be no problem
going back.

Greetings,