From: nabbasi@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Linux (kernel 2.0.35) ,gcc and gnat issues....
Date: 1998/07/19
Date: 1998-07-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <35B2AE5F.BD2651A@itccorp.com>, Nicholas says...

>When I try to compile my programs I receive the following error...

..
>"  gcc -c hello.adb
>gcc: hello.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done "

this sounds like you have an installation problem. also gnat 3.09 does not
work with glib.c which red hat 5+ is based on. btw, you should download gnat
3.10p.

>also if I try
> "   gnatmake -f hello.adb
>gcc -c hello.adb
>gcc: hello.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done
>gnatmake: "hello.ali" WARNING file not found after compile "

again, it sounds like installation problem, or you dont have your
environment variables set up right.  make sure you follow the instructions
carfully on how to install and set up the env. variables.

check the gnat chat list (http://www.gnat.com) for pointers on what
you need to change to make gnat link ok on red hat 5 systems.

Nasser