From: dennison@telepath.com
Subject: Re: SGI Developer Magic - Ada95
Date: 1998/07/15
Date: 1998-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <35ABDCDF.7B8F@cae.ca>,
  viqar@cae.ca wrote:
> based in C and Fortran, on the SGI Irix platform.  I want to
> call the Ada from C and Fortran, without any limitations.
> The Verdix compiler we have now doesn't allow "in out" parameters
> in procedures.. just "out" parameters.  Also, we're able to link

Wow! That's quite a restriction.

I suspect what you mean to say here is that the Verdix compiler only permits
parameters of mode "in" when interfacing to C or Fortran. That is the
restriction the old VADS-based compiler I have used had.

That is an annoyance, but its certianly not fatal. That is, after all, the way
C passes parameters. It doesn't seem to have deterred many people from using C
compilers! :-)

It would be nice to have a more convienent interface, but I certianly
wouldn't change compilers over it. Of course VADS is only Ada83. That's a
good reason to change.

T.E.D.