From: Rakesh Malhotra <rakesh.malhotra@safetran.com>
Subject: Re: [Q] Is anyone programming DSPs in Ada?
Date: 1998/06/11
Date: 1998-06-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

skulski@nsvs33.nsrl.rochester.edu wrote:

> Hi all:
>
>   I am looking for info on programming DSP processors in Ada.
> In particular, I would like to know if anybody has considered
> programming Analog Devices ADSP 2181 and/or similar chips.
> If not, has anybody an idea what would it take to program these chips
> in Ada?
About 1 year ago TI bought out Tartan.  Tartan used to make Ada
compilers for DSPs (I think for the 320C30 and other TI DSPs).  Just a
couple of weeks ago they have licensed the full Tartan technology to
DDCI completely.   So you may want to talk to DDCI.

Also Intermetrics were supposed to implement an Ada compiler for the
Analog Devices SHARC chip.  Don't know what happened to it.

--
Rakesh