* I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-05-27  0:00 glucose
From: glucose @ 1998-05-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
computer player.

I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
in the way and I can not abandon the course.

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-05-28  0:00 ` John McCabe
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: John McCabe @ 1998-05-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote:
>Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
>game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
>computer player.
>
>I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
>source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
>in the way and I can not abandon the course.

Does the phrase "get lost" mean anything to you?

If you didn't have time to do the course, you shouldn't have started it.

Other people doing your work for you is not going to teach you anything.

--
Best Regards
John McCabe

Any opinions expressed are mine and based on my own experience.  They
  should in no way be taken as the opinion of anyone I am currently
     working with, or of the company I am currently working for.
       If you have a problem with anything I say, SPEAK TO ME!
                (remove "nospam." to reply by e-mail)

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-05-28  0:00 ` Markus Kuhn
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Markus Kuhn @ 1998-05-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote:
> Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
> game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
> computer player.
>
> I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
> source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
> in the way and I can not abandon the course.

There really is a type of posting that is an order of magnitude
more despicable than all the commercial porno site and make money fast
SPAMs: Annonymous requests for assistance in blatant home assignment
cheating.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-05-28  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1998-05-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <6kj7s4$qsn@gcsin3.geccs.gecm.com>, John McCabe <jgm@hayling.cwmbran.gecm.com> writes:
> glucose@total.net wrote:
>>Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
>>game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
>>computer player.
>>
>>I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
>>source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
>>in the way and I can not abandon the course.
>
> Does the phrase "get lost" mean anything to you?
>
> If you didn't have time to do the course, you shouldn't have started it.

Additionally, many of those reading this newsgroup are in the position
from time to time of hiring people to do Ada work.  It is certainly not
in their best interest to have the applicant pool polluted with those
who have only "nominally" studied Ada.  Even if they have an effective
screening process, it wastes valuable time to run cheaters through it.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-05-28  0:00 ` Jerry Petrey
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jerry Petrey @ 1998-05-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote:

> Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
> game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
> computer player.
>
> I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
> source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
> in the way and I can not abandon the course.

Anyone who would help you with this would be an even bigger dickhead
than you!

Jerry

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-05-28  0:00 ` Craig Spannring
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Craig Spannring @ 1998-05-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sure I'll help you with your battleship assignment.

Move all your battleships to Hawaii, turn them into floating museums
and charge admission.  That way after you're thrown out of school
for cheating you'll still have an income to fall back on.

In article <356CB738.632B3698@total.net>,  <glucose@total.net> wrote:
>Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
>game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
>computer player.
>
>I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
>source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
>in the way and I can not abandon the course.

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-05-29  0:00 ` James Bond
From: James Bond @ 1998-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote:

> Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
> game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
> computer player.

Sure, here it is:

with Ada.Text_Io;

procedure Battleships is

begin

   Text_Io.Put_Line ("You lose");

end Battleships;

Since you will always lose, I guess you are a loser.

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-05-29  0:00 ` Charles Hixson
From: Charles Hixson @ 1998-05-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: glucose

I don't really approve of the uncivil tone of most of the responses that
you have received, but it IS inappropriate to request that someone else
do your homework for you.  I admit that students frequently become
overwhelmed, but if you don't put forth the effort now, later you will
feel truely lost.

glucose@total.net wrote:

> Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
> game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
> computer player.
>
> I f any of you have done a assignment like this one please send me you
> source code. I have not the time for to work on it my full time job is
> in the way and I can not abandon the course.

--
Charles Hixson	charleshixson@earthling.net
(510) 464-7733	or chixso@mtc.dst.ca.us

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-05-31  0:00   ` glucose
From: glucose @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gpetrey

saying what you did not knowing the background of my request make you one
stupid jerk twit ass hole. you are truly repugnant and of low intellect.

In the course I am following I have not learn ANY thing. the thing is I am
work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99. Now where the fuck do you
want me to take the time to do the fucking home work? it was to be done by
Friday and I have started yesterday. Now it will be finished to night and I
will have lost 20% of the grades for a home work that was easy but time
consuming ( because of the documentation that I have to make ).

so next time when you will have an other chity day at work or school before
taking it on some one else think it twice before making an idiot of your
self!

From: glucose @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Bond

From: glucose @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Craig Spannring

@ 1998-05-31  0:00     ` glucose
From: glucose @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kilgallen

Sorry but I don't really care about ada and I alrady know the language well. the only thing I am
realy learning are the technics of analysis and documantation making. the rest I already know how to
do it, I alredy know 9 programation langs so I won't be learning mush in my the first course of my
certificats.

Working 50h to 60h a week plus the class time is not an easy thing, I am lucky to have this weekend
off and it piss me off loosing it doing some easy, long and boring homework.

From: glucose @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Kuhn

In the course I am following I have not learn ANY thing. the thing is I am
work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99. Now where the fuck do you

want me to take the time to do the fucking home work? it was to be done by
Friday and I have started yesterday. Now it will be finished to night and I
will have lost 20% of the grades for a home work that was easy but time
consuming ( because of the documentation that I have to make ).

you should try 60h a week and see if you have time to do you stupid home
work!

@ 1998-05-31  0:00       ` Roberto Waltman
From: Roberto Waltman @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 glucose@total.net wrote:
>Sorry but I don't really care about ada and I alrady know the language well. the only thing I am
>realy learning are the technics of analysis and documantation making. the rest I already know how to
>do it, I alredy know 9 programation langs so I won't be learning mush in my the first course of my
>certificats.

And how does it feel to be illiterate in 9 "programation langs" ?

RW.

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1998-05-31  0:00 ` Eric Therrien
From: Eric Therrien @ 1998-05-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Beaulac, if you don't stop winning about your little assignment I'll
be force to report you to your teacher, Normand Seguin, and I'll see that he
look at what you're goiing to give him to make sure you have came up
YOURSELF with it.

By the way, even if this is "old news" (like it was also to me when I
started), you should feal lucky to have this teacher, he is one of the best
teacher I had the chance to have. Keep your mind open, you always have
something to learn.

 Eric Therrien (Eric@Therrien.net)
 http://Eric.Therrien.net

@ 1998-06-01  0:00     ` Michael A. Packer
From: Michael A. Packer @ 1998-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote:
: In the course I am following I have not learn ANY thing. the thing is I am
: work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99. Now where the fuck do you

evidently english is something you didn't take either i guess?

: want me to take the time to do the fucking home work? it was to be done by
: Friday and I have started yesterday. Now it will be finished to night and I
: will have lost 20% of the grades for a home work that was easy but time
: consuming ( because of the documentation that I have to make ).

I have a solution.  The local walmart is hiring, send me your address
and I'll send you an application.  That way you won't have to bitch
about not having enough time.  We all have work to do and just b/c you
feel like you are being overworked doesn't give you excuse to ask
people to do the work.  I mean come on it's only a 2 hour project (AT
MOST)...

: so next time when you will have an other chity day at work or school before
: taking it on some one else think it twice before making an idiot of your
: self!

Actually I was thinking maybe he should become an comedian on the
side, I saw the post and thought it was quite comical.  I actually
laughed out loud.  Maybe when you have a "chity" day (still looking
this one up in the dictionary) you should go out for a walk and think
about planning your days better.  There are quite a few of us here
that work 60 hours per week  and still have lots of time for other
things.  It's called time management.

:
: James Bond wrote:
:
: > glucose@total.net wrote:
: > >
: > > Hello! this week I have to give out my documentation of a battleship
: > > game. it must run on  ms-dos with no graphics, one human player and one
: > > computer player.
: >
: > Sure, here it is:
: >
: > with Ada.Text_Io;
: >
: > procedure Battleships is
: >
: > begin
: >
: >    Text_Io.Put_Line ("You lose");
: >
: > end Battleships;
: >
: > Since you will always lose, I guess you are a loser.
:
:
:

--
Radford Univ CS Sysadmin pac@runet.edu (540-831-5978) http://www.runet.edu/~pac
  Nascar Pick12 Contest: http://www.cs.runet.edu/~pac/pick12.html

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-06-01  0:00   ` John Volan
From: John Volan @ 1998-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Therrien wrote:

> Pascal Beaulac, if you don't stop winning about your little assignment I'll
> be force to report you to your teacher, Normand Seguin, and I'll see that he
> look at what you're goiing to give him to make sure you have came up
> YOURSELF with it.

Interesting to learn that this was a real human being. For a while
there, I thought maybe someone had set up a crude little AI program on
the net, seeing as how he seemed to be cutting and pasting the same
stock answer to everyone. "I have not learned ANY thing..."  :-)

--
Signature volanSignature =
  new Signature

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-06-01  0:00     ` Larry Elmore
From: Larry Elmore @ 1998-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote in message <35715C86.9C8E8C01@total.net>...
>In the course I am following I have not learn ANY thing.
Well. Boo hoo hoo... Whose fault is that?

>the thing is I am
>work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99. Now where the fuck do
you
>want me to take the time to do the fucking home work? it was to be done by
>Friday and I have started yesterday. Now it will be finished to night and I
>will have lost 20% of the grades for a home work that was easy but time
>consuming ( because of the documentation that I have to make ).

If you didn't have time to take the course and _do the work associated with
it_, then _why_ did you take it? If your situation changed after it started,
why didn't you drop it?

>so next time when you will have an other chity day at work or school before
>taking it on some one else think it twice before making an idiot of your
>self!

Hey, why don't you think twice before asking someone to help you
_cheat_??!!! If I had known who your instructor was, I'd have cheerfully
sent you the program -- and e-mailed your prof a copy. If that had gotten
you a '0' or 'F' for the program (and for the whole course, too, if that
school takes cheating as seriously as it _ought_ to (as mine does)), then
that would've been exactly what you _earned_.

You won't get any sympathy on this newsgroup, nor do you deserve any.

Larry

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-06-01  0:00       ` Larry Elmore
From: Larry Elmore @ 1998-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote in message <35715F03.88EF6092@total.net>...
>Sorry but I don't really care about ada and I alrady know the language
well. the only thing I am
>realy learning are the technics of analysis and documantation making. the
rest I already know how to
>do it, I alredy know 9 programation langs so I won't be learning mush in my
the first course of my
>certificats.

So _prove_ it by doing your own work and not _cheating_!!!

>Working 50h to 60h a week plus the class time is not an easy thing, I am
lucky to have this weekend
>off and it piss me off loosing it doing some easy, long and boring
homework.

Boo hoo hoo. If you don't want to do the work, DON"T SIGN UP TO DO IT! I'm
working 24 hrs/wk and going to school full time and have almost no free
time, either, but I'm not _whining_ about it and asking people to do my work
for me (either at school or on the job). Hell, you deserve at least
_another_ 20% taken off your grade just for _trying_ to cheat, and another
10% for whining that nobody will help you cheat!!!! GROW UP!!!

Larry

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-06-01  0:00   ` Larry Elmore
From: Larry Elmore @ 1998-06-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Therrien wrote in message <6ksjdj$i1q$1@supernews.com>...
>Pascal Beaulac, if you don't stop winning about your little assignment I'll
>be force to report you to your teacher, Normand Seguin, and I'll see that
he
>look at what you're goiing to give him to make sure you have came up
>YOURSELF with it.

You have my endorsement to do exactly that right now. Like I said earlier,
if I'd known who he is and who his prof is, I'd have done the work for him,
and e-mailed the prof a copy and an explanation. No more than what he
deserves...

>By the way, even if this is "old news" (like it was also to me when I
>started), you should feal lucky to have this teacher, he is one of the best
>teacher I had the chance to have. Keep your mind open, you always have
>something to learn.

Like how to do homework? Wonder if he's like that on the job, as well? Sure
wouldn't surprise me...

Larry

* Re: I need a battleship solution for my school assignement
@ 1998-06-02  0:00     ` John Volan
From: John Volan @ 1998-06-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

glucose@total.net wrote:

> I am work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99.
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^   !!

Am I the only one here concerned over the fact that Microsoft has seen
fit to contract persons such as this to work on their products?  Is this
the company that we want to become the gateway to the financial network
of the 21st century? :-)

--

@ 1998-06-02  0:00       ` Michael A. Packer
From: Michael A. Packer @ 1998-06-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Volan (johnv@ac3i.dseg.ti.com) wrote:
: glucose@total.net wrote:
: >
: > I am work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99.
:                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^   !!
:
: Am I the only one here concerned over the fact that Microsoft has seen
: fit to contract persons such as this to work on their products?  Is this
: the company that we want to become the gateway to the financial network
: of the 21st century? :-)

now you know why i'm using quicken ;)

--

@ 1998-06-02  0:00       ` Charles Hixson
From: Charles Hixson @ 1998-06-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think that we have other, less personally abusive, methods for judging
the quality of MS products.  If you find that they yield the same
conclusions, then you don't need to be abusive.  If you find that they
don't, then you can wonder about which judgement is correct.

@ 1998-06-02  0:00         ` John Volan
From: John Volan @ 1998-06-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Charles Hixson wrote:

> I think that we have other, less personally abusive, methods for judging
> the quality of MS products.  If you find that they yield the same
> conclusions, then you don't need to be abusive.  If you find that they
> don't, then you can wonder about which judgement is correct.

Charles, I think you need to install a better smiley detector ... :-)

--

@ 1998-06-08  0:00       ` William Bralick
From: William Bralick @ 1998-06-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <35742B42.E597D1BA@ac3i.dseg.ti.com>,
John Volan  <johnv@ac3i.dseg.ti.com> wrote:
>glucose@total.net wrote:
>>
>> I am work 60h per week on the alpha test of MS money 99.
>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^   !!
>
>Am I the only one here concerned over the fact that Microsoft has seen
>fit to contract persons such as this to work on their products?

Uh, I dunno, the person in question appears to be an illiterate cheating
whiner who is clueless when it comes to software.  It seemed somehow
natural ...

> Is this
>the company that we want to become the gateway to the financial network
>of the 21st century? :-)

No.

Best regards,

--