From: "MSG" <michael@pickles.org>
Subject: Re: [student help] Won't allow package body.
Date: 1998/05/13
Date: 1998-05-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Besides the fact that Davic C Hoos, Sr. is correct and that you need to
provide a more complete example...

Assuming that your spec is compilable but doesn't require a body (a generic
with no body?...I'll have to think about that later)...you can force need
for a body by adding a dummy procedure with no code OR you can specify
"pragma Elaborate_Body;" in the spec of the generic pacakge.

Michael Garnett

Oliver White <ojw@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
35514AAC.D46B535C@iinet.net.au...
I'm compiling a package, the ads file begins as so -

generic

   type ObjectType is private;

package LinkedListPackage is
but when I compile, I get this message -
"generic package LinkedListPackage does not allow a body"

I'm sure there's an obvious error, could you help me?

Oliver White.