From: schroeer@amst.co.at (Dr. Joachim Schroeer)
Subject: Simulink S-Functions in Ada95
Date: 1998/04/29
Date: 1998-04-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Has anybody ever tried to develop so-called S-functions for the modelling and
simulation tool Simulink (part of Matlab) from Mathworks Inc. in Ada?

I've tried it in a number of ways, but failed. I use ObjectAda 7.1.1.
As I have no binding to simulink.h (and do not intend to write one),
I do not use the OA capability to produce a dll directly from Ada.
Instead I use the given MEX-file compiling a small C-file were the exported
(with convention => C) Ada subprograms are declared as extern.
All used Ada .obj-files are included in .lib-files which are passed to the
MEX-command.
The MEX produces a dll as long as no extern Ada procedures are called, but if
one
is called no dll is generated by MEX.

MEX uses the Watcom C-compiler.
Is it not compatible to .obj-files, .lib-files created by OA?

Any hints would be appreciated.

J. Schroeer

Dr. Joachim Schroeer
AMST-Systemtechnik GmbH