From: wtanksle@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (William Tanksley)
Subject: Re: Pragma and Object Files
Date: 1998/04/21
Date: 1998-04-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <slrn6jcp90.agb.aklee@interport.net> aklee@spam.this.interport.net (Albert K. Lee) writes:

>Sorry.  Where I come from (that is, the distant past), Intel specified
>a common .obj format.  MASM code was easily linked with Turbo Pascal
>and so on.  Is this not the case anymore?

Your past isn't quite as distant as you might like to think.  Actually,
the a.out format used in Unix (generally using the .o prefix) was a lot
older than Intel.

The stuff produced by gcc anymore is usually in COFF format, which is now
being adopted by just about everyone (even MS uses a bastardized version
of COFF).

Thus, what you need is a obj2coff program, like I posted last time.  Are
my posts not propagating?  If not, you ought to be able to find one (fr
DOS) at http://www.delorie.com/djgpp.

-Billy