* serial communication
@ 1998-04-14  0:00 jtagobad
From: jtagobad @ 1998-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I am doing a programm in W'95 that uses the serial port. I am using Objectada
for windows v7.1.105. I am having problems with the function createfile of
win32. The first parameter is lpfilename an there I must put the serial
device. I have tried a lot of things but always badly. My problem are the
types. Lpfilenames type is  lpctstr. I have seek it and it is a subtype of
pcch whch is acccess constant char. This is a subtype of interfaces.c.char.
How can I define the serial port?
	I have used the folllowing package: win32,system, win32.winbase,win32.winnt,
system.
	Another thing, Do you know in which package is the function or & and for
win32.dword?
	I feel a bit silly answering things perhaps so trivial. Sorru for this but I
am a bit embroiled.
thanks for all

* Re: serial communication
@ 1998-04-14  0:00 ` Steve Doiel
From: Steve Doiel @ 1998-04-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

It sounds like are very close in you're attempt.  Make sure to add a
Latin_1.NUL to the end of the serial port name.

  hCom := WinBase.CreateFile( Win32.Addr( "COM2" & Latin_1.NUL),
                              Win32.DWORD'( WinNT.GENERIC_READ ) OR
Win32.DWORD'( WinNT.GENERIC_WRITE ),
                              0,                     -- comm devices must be
opened w/exclusive access
                              NULL,                  -- no security exists
                              WinBase.OPEN_EXISTING, -- comm devices must be
OPEN_EXISTING
                              0,                     -- non overlapped I/O
                              NULL );                -- hTemplate must be
NULL for comm devices

SteveD

<6h06c7$id7$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...