From: cgreen@yosemite.atc.com (Christopher Green)
Subject: Re: Ada '83 X widget bindings
Date: 1998/04/11
Date: 1998-04-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <6gignr$m4g@news.man.fs.lmco.com>,
Jack Ottofaro <jack.ottofaro@lmco.com> wrote:

>We currently have Ada '83 software which uses an X11 bindings package. We'd like
>to enhance our GUI with buttons, menu pulldowns, etc. Any suggestions on a good
>set of X11 widget bindings, for example bindings to Motif, compatable with Ada
>'83. My understanding is that since I'm using Ada '83 I cannot use the Motif
>callbacks since the language does not support function pointers but a package
>that provides routines for drawing widgets would be great.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jack Ottofaro

We sell the AXI bindings to Xlib, Xt, and Motif.  We have ports for most
AdaWorld and VADS Ada83 compilers.  Callbacks are fully supported on any
compiler where subprogram'Address returns the entry point of the subpro-
gram or an address from which the entry point can be computed; this in-
cludes just about all the last-generation Ada83 compilers.  We also sup-
port many of the current Ada95 compilers.  For price and availability,
write to Tom Masada <tmasada@atc.com>.  For technical information con-
cerning particular compilers and platforms, reply to me <cgreen@atc.com>.

--
Chris Green                                  Email cgreen@atc.com
Advanced Technology Center                   Phone (714) 583-9119