* Re: S records
       [not found] ` <3523CB42.36FF@gsfc.nasa.gov>
@ 1998-04-04  0:00   ` Paul Van Bellinghen
From: Paul Van Bellinghen @ 1998-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Going out on a limb and assuming the table is defined by Ada source code
>(this is an Ada group, after all), just provide an address clause for
>the table:
>
>Huge_Table : Huge_Table_Type := <huge initial value>;
>for Table'address use <foo>;

I also think that this is the best way to accomplish the task mentioned.
The only thing I would add is that I have had problems using a hard address
for <foo>. If the compiler complains about the address value being the wrong
type, you might try :

for Table'address use System.Address'Ref (16#8000_0400#); (or whatever
address the table must begin at)

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-04-04  0:00 UTC | newest]