From: "Paul Van Bellinghen" <pvanbell@mhv.net>
Subject: Re: S records
Date: 1998/04/04
Date: 1998-04-04T19:59:56+00:00	[thread overview]

>Going out on a limb and assuming the table is defined by Ada source code
>(this is an Ada group, after all), just provide an address clause for
>the table:
>
>Huge_Table : Huge_Table_Type := <huge initial value>;
>for Table'address use <foo>;

I also think that this is the best way to accomplish the task mentioned.
The only thing I would add is that I have had problems using a hard address
for <foo>. If the compiler complains about the address value being the wrong
type, you might try :

for Table'address use System.Address'Ref (16#8000_0400#); (or whatever
address the table must begin at)