From: "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com>
Subject: Re: SOCI-Ada: The Database Access Library for Ada
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 17:10:12 +0200
Date: 2008-08-07T17:10:12+02:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak wrote:

> I am pleased to announce that the first version of SOCI-Ada is
> available to download:
>
> http://www.inspirel.com/soci-ada/
>
> The SOCI-Ada library is built on top of a successful SOCI library that
> was written for C++ programmers.
(...)
> The link above is a starting point for both downloads and online docs,
> but I think the best way to attract attention is to show examples of
> *full* programs that access a database using this library. Such
> examples are available here:
>
> http://www.inspirel.com/soci-ada/doc/idioms.html

Maciej, it looks great. From these examples this library seems right on target,
because of both simplicity and backend transparency.

As for comments for improvement, after a quick read I would like to see one
example on how to use pooled connections.

Another thing is that in C++ there's mimicking of embedded SQL using the "<<"
operator. Can't this be to some extent emulated in Ada with some operator
overloading?