From: Mehdi Saada <00120260a@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: non record limited type
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:29:09 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2018-02-21T14:29:09-08:00	[thread overview]

> Based on that, your limited private which is really an integer would still be
> a by-copy-type.  I don't know the RM's intention but the wording suggests that
> at least.  Note you can also used the "aliased" keyword in a function/procedure
> signature to enforce an aliased variable which will be passed by reference
> as well:
> -- Object is passed by reference
> procedure Do_Something(Object : aliased in out Some_Type);

Really ? Are you sure it "forces" the passing by reference ? But I remember clearly have read somewhere, most probably on this forum that it wasn't in Ada's philosophy to let one precise that, since it is an implementation detail, and that the compiler shall decide by himself.
I can imagine that in some contexts, for small objects, or in distributed systems (across computers ), it would make sense for the value to be copied locally, then when "return" is reached it could be pasted back.
That said, in most cases your opinion makes more sense indeed. But I don't think one could be "sure".

That said Though I suppose you're right,