* I want to use ADA - Turbo Pascal/Delphi guy here
@ 1998-02-25  0:00 ActiveX
From: ActiveX @ 1998-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there

I am a Turbo Pascal / Delphi guy with 12 years of experience. I want to
start using ADA. I hope somebody could tell me where to start, what books to
refer to and what compilers to use on NT.
Now the problem is that I am seriously addicted to Delphi and I am in Japan
where getting English books is a very difficult thing. Are the ADA compilers
on NT as friendly and intutive as Delphi?

To be frank, I really do envy you guys using ADA day in and day out. I would
like to do some serious work using ADA. I also do wonder why Borland has not
come out with an ADA compiler with a Delphi look and feel. It could be a
real killer app.

ActiveX

* Re: I want to use ADA - Turbo Pascal/Delphi guy here
@ 1998-02-26  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1998-02-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>'C' style right on top of the API programming (the Win32 bindings are _very_
>thin to say the least).  MFC bindings are available, but not at a reasonable

>way, somebody mailed me two CDs of Ada - a special edition to complement
>ACM/SIGAda's July/August 1997 issue of Ada Letters Magazine. This also

  You might take a look at the demo version of Claw (see
www.rrsoftware.com) to see if you like its thicker, Ada style, Windows
binding.  It runs with the Gnat 3.10p1 compiler, among others, but had
problems with 3.09 (as I recall), which might be what's on the
July/August 1997 CD.